Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Brownie


Brownie
8 x 16
Oil on Raymar Panel

$500

Last weekend I went to the National Mall and visited the World War II memorial.  There was a group of "Rosie the Riveters" being brought in as part of the Honor Flight program.  To greet these wonderful women who worked in the factories during World War II, there were young women dressed up in "Rosie the Riveters" outfits and other vintage costumes.  One woman bought a vintage brownie and cub scout uniform uniform and dressed up her little ones to join in the fun.  I was so taken with nostalgia and the adorableness of the kids that I just had to, with permission, take a couple of quick pictures.  As I am having a hard time focusing during our preparation for our move to North Carolina...this fun little painting was a welcome respite from my larger, more detailed pieces.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!