Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Woman World War II Veteran - Honor Flight

World War II Veteran - Honor Flight
12 x 12
Oil on Raymar Panel

$650

I am continuing my series of Honor Flight Veterans visiting the World War II Memorial on the National Mall in Washington DC.  We are free because of these brave men and women.  Women WWII vets are hard to find.  As Honor Flights visit I look for women to include in my series.  I saw this woman in her group of Honor Flight vets and sought her out for a salute.  She was so surprised!  She is 94 years old and was thrilled to be included in the series.  I am thrilled to have her included...and I thank her and all the vets for their service.

Happy Fourth of July!  As we celebrate our independence I hope everyone will take a moment to honor the all veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!