Sunday, December 21, 2014

Santa Claus

Santa
8 x 10
Oil on Raymar panel

$150

This is the last of my series of Santa Claus paintings for this season.  It was so fun doing my research and painting these pieces.  The series does bring back fond memories of my childhood and the many Christmases I spent with my family.  I have four brothers and we were all very inquisitive...always trying to find out what was in our packages.  One Christmas my second oldest brother woke me up at about 2 o'clock in the morning to go downstairs and check out our presents.  In our house we had wrapped presents under the tree..but Santa would leave unwrapped presents out for us when he visited.  We snuck downstairs to check out the loot...of course we were NOT quiet and soon my Dad was standing over us with a less than pleased look on his face.  We scurried back to our beds and tried desperately to sleep until we were allowed to get up.  

Such great memories.  I wish you all a very happy holiday season...The season of giving...of random acts of kindness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!