Thursday, February 27, 2014

Marissa - study

Marissa
12 x 12
Oil on Raymar Panel

I am having such fun with these studies.  They are relatively small so I can work them up quickly.  It is a great way to work on folds of fabric, shadows, body shapes, proportions…just all aspects of painting. I also think about color, harmony, contrast, and work on mixing colors for highlights and shadows…well I could go on and on.  I love these exercises.

Marissa has always been such a kind and generous model for me.  I love painting her and know that she is ok with me exaggerating her hair…color and style!  

2 comments:

  1. I love the drama in this one. The red hair, the pose, the red dress. I think the size is great for this study also. Nicely done Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful study of Marissa.... LOVE the way you painted her dress and love her hair as well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!